Phone: (256) 650-5261

From: "Schaefer, David" <dschae...@tuvam.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 03:35:19 +0000
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Conversation: Antenna choice for susceptibility in a reverb chamber
Subject: [PSES] Antenna choice for susceptibility in a reverb chamber

Any reverb susceptibility experts able to provide guidance on antenna
selection? We've got a choice of shiny new ETS 3117s, or older antennas
similar to the 3105. I'd prefer to use the 3117s for radiated emissions in a
FAR, not tie them up here.

Does antenna choice really matter in reverb? As long as it isn't lossy, all
the energy should be getting into the room. My only thought would be you
have to ensure the radiating antenna doesn't have voltage breakdown issues
when trying to hit Category G or L.

Thanks,

David

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in