I see that BSI now state that EN 50581:2012 is marked as Status : Superseded,
Withdrawn
https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail?pid=000000000030261478
and states it is replaced by: BS EN IEC 63000:2018, Technical documentation for
the assessment of electrical and electronic products with respect to the
restriction of hazardous substances

The harmonised list on the EU website still states 'EN 50581:2012 Technical
documentation for the assessment of electrical and electronic products with
respect to the restriction of hazardous substances'

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/european-standards/harmonised-standards/restriction-of-hazardous-substances_en

What one should I put in a declaration of conformity to be issued this week?
The product in question has been assessed for RoHS compliance using the
principles and our copy of EN 50581:2012.

It appears the two are probably identical according to the link below and we've
just missed there's going to be a change (it's hard for SME like us to keep
abreast of all the changes and that before any Brexit implications! Anyone any
hints on that?) although the article talks about 60 month transition period but
not actually what the actual timescale is!

https://www.cencenelec.eu/news/brief_news/Pages/TN-2019-009.aspx

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,

________________________________

Matthew Wilson
Technical Director

[GBE]<https://gbelectronics.uk>
https://gbelectronics.uk

T:      +44 (0)1903 244500
F:      +44 (0)1903 700715

Ascot House // Mulberry Close // Woods Way
Goring-by-Sea // West Sussex // BN12 4QY // UK

Electronics Design // Manufacturing // Component Distribution
        [ISO 9001 | ISO 14001] <https://gbelectronics.uk/quality/standards>

Want to send us a file? https://www.mailbigfile.com/gbelectronics

________________________________

GB Electronics (UK) Limited is a company registered in England and Wales
Company Registration No: 06210991
VAT Registration No: GB 925 1744 25

Registered Office:
Ascot House, Mulberry Close, Woods Way
Goring by Sea, West Sussex, BN12 4QY

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your
system, do not use or disclose the information in any way and notify the sender
immediately.

The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views
of the company, unless specifically stated.