From: Charlie Blackham <char...@sulisconsultants.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 15 January 2020 09:05
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] CE marking quality manufacturing requirements

Caution: This email originated from outside of the organization. DO NOT CLICK
on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

Regan

CE marking of course applies to all products manufactured on an ongoing basis,
and the requirement you refer to is in the Directives

Quoting from the LVD as an example (Annex III, Module A)

3. Manufacturing
The manufacturer shall take all measures necessary so that the manufacturing
process and its monitoring ensure compliance of the manufactured electrical
equipment with the technical documentation referred to in point 2 and with the
requirements of this Directive that apply to it.

To which the LVD guide adds

The manufacturer has to ensure, that the manufacturing process permanently
leads to compliant electrical equipment. One means to achieve this could be a
supervised QM-System.

You as the manufacturer need to decide what is prudent, for example:

  *   NRTL audits generally concern themselves with safety critical components
– which assists with safety, but doesn’t cover EMC
  *   Alternative components may well meet all necessary safety standards and
have equivalent electrical performance for EMC compliance, but what about RoHS?

The manufacturing quote is similar in the EMC Directive: Annex II, Module A,
section 4

Regards
Charlie

Charlie Blackham
Sulis Consultants Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)7946 624317
Web:
https://sulisconsultants.com/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sulisconsultants.com/__;!!Nkc5UzxO!_46FSYSwQrWeuNlnFnjaHoK6jP6qpzr4cUnq_2phMVcZRt2dpLlkd2NSpliDlbCH$>
Registered in England and Wales, number 05466247