The requirements were negotiated between EC-hired consultants and industry stakeholders. Or so I was assured.

Best wishes John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only www.woodjohn.uk Rayleigh, Essex UK
"A nation once again" (with apologies to Eire)
People have to be told in stark terms that they can disobey the Covid rules at the risk of their own lives, but disobeying at the risk of others' lives is no less than a crime against humanity.
On 2021-01-21 15:08, Matthew Wilson | GBE wrote:
EU 2019/1782 is the ecodesign requirements for external power supplies, i.e. their efficiency, for Directive 2009/125/EC. Someone asked me how the formula in 1(b) of Annex II of the EU 2019/1782 regulation was decided upon. This table sets out the determination of 'average active efficiency'. I don't know the answer to where all that came from. So I thought posting here might bring some enlightenment?

The regulation in all its glory is here:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv%3AOJ.L_.2019.272.01.0095.01.ENG&toc=OJ%3AL%3A2019%3A272%3ATOC

Thanks & kind regards,

Disclaimer:​This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way and notify the sender immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the company, unless specifically stated.

​GB Electronics (UK) Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under number 06210991. ​Registered office: Ascot House Mulberry Close, Woods Way, Goring By Sea, West Sussex, BN12 4QY.

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html <http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html>

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ <http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/> can be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/ <http://www.ieee-pses.org/>

Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org <mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>>
Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org <mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>>

For policy questions, send mail to: