Brian,    This is another method that needs to be on the list of accepted paths
to show compliance, in my opinion.

               Of course, the acceptance for any such methods need to come from
the Euro Commission, meeting Euro legal requirements and having the buy-in of
all the interested parties – such as the Customs Officers who are charged with
either clearing or refusing entry to CE marked items and are looking for
further justification (MDoC in particular).

               I see this as a long slog to get anywhere unless some very
influential group that the EU folks admire takes it on with a passion.  Do you
know anyone at the WTO?

               I guess, if your company is gutsy enough you can try it and see
how it goes; sometimes changes are made in fact and later the paperwork catches
up.

:>)     br,      Pete

Peter E Perkins, PE

Principal Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Consultant

PO Box 1067

Albany, ORe  97321-0413

503/452-1201

IEEE Life Fellow