All

I realise there are now applications where 100W or more can be transferred, but
for devices with only USB2.0 ports, that are coming from the same chip, is
there really any need for testing and CB certification to this standard as part
of an assessment to IEC 62368-1?

The particular products I’m looking at are powered from external 5V LPS power
supplies that shutdown at around 4.5 A

I may just be being cynical, but I can’t see how the -3 standard makes such a
product any safer, it just seems to make the test lab richer 😊

Is there something in the CB scheme rules that mandates using the -3 standard
as well when seeking CB certificate?

Best regards
Charlie

Charlie Blackham
Sulis Consultants Ltd
Mead House
Longwater Road
Eversley
RG27 0NW
UK
Tel: +44 (0)7946 624317
Email: char...@sulisconsultants.com<mailto:char...@sulisconsultants.com>
Web: https://sulisconsultants.com/
Registered in England and Wales, number 05466247