From: John Woodgate <j...@woodjohn.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 13:32:22 +0100
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] Filter Issues [General Use]

The filter is probably designed for 50Hz or 60 Hz mains. It probably isn't
saturating at a higher input frequency, but your voltage measurements
indicate that it may be resonating. I think you need a filter specifically
designed for 400 Hz mains.

==========
 Best wishes John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
 www.woodjohn.uk <http://www.woodjohn.uk>
 Rayleigh, Essex UK
 Istae nunc praetereunt nisi non ubicumque

On 2021-10-27 10:56, Price, Andrew (Leonardo, UK) wrote:

> Hi members
>

> Can anyone offer some advice.
>
> Have issues with EMC Chamber RF Filter 3 phase.
>
> Using 115V 400Hz single phase supply from a static convertor, filter looks
> like it is saturating.
>
> Ambient levels failing between 6kHz to 150kHz.
>
> Voltage of phase at static convertor 115.8Vrms but at EUT on bench 132Vrms
>

> Regards
>
> Andy
>

>          Andrew Price
>               Integrated Sensing & Protection (ISP)
>
>              Prinicpal Environmental Engineer (EMC)
>

>              Leonardo UK
>               Sigma House,
>
>              Christopher Martin Rd,
>
>              Basildon
>
>              SS14 3EL, UK
>               Tel  EMC LAB : +44 (0)1268 883308
>
>              Mobile: +44 (0)7507 854888
>
>              andrew.p.pr...@leonardocompany.com
> <mailto:andrew.p.pr...@leonardocompany.com>
>
>              leonardocomapany.com
>
> HELICOPTERS / AERONAUTICS / ELECTRONICS, DEFENCE AND SECURITY SYSTEMS / SPACE
>

> P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>

> Leonardo UK Ltd
>

> Registered Office: 1 Eagle Place, St James¹s, London SW1Y 6AF
>

> A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132

>  -
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------

> discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to
> <emc-p...@ieee.org>

> Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at
> http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used
> formats), large files, etc.
>

> Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/
>  Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
>  List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

>  Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org>
>  Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org>
>

> For policy questions, send mail to:
>  Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
>  David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_cam
paign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

List rules:     http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Jim Bacher  <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>