From: James Pawson (U3C) <ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 7:34 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Earthing -- Star vs Spring/Split Washers

Hello all,

I've given myself a regular internet headache trying to understand the
relative merits of spring vs star washers for use on an earth stud for
protective earthing purposes.

What is the conventional wisdom and justification? I know I can trust you
folks to be above a simple "we've always done it this way"

Can anyone point me towards any citable references or standards covering
this subject?

I promise I will write a blog post to pull the information together for
future confused generations.

Thanks and all the best,

James

James Pawson

The EMC Problem Solver

Unit 3 Compliance Ltd

EMC : Environmental & Vibration : Electrical Safety : CE & UKCA :
Consultancy

 <http://www.unit3compliance.co.uk/> www.unit3compliance.co.uk  |
<mailto:ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk> ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk

+44(0)1274 911747  |  +44(0)7811 139957

2 Wellington Business Park, New Lane, Bradford, BD4 8AL

Registered in England and Wales # 10574298