From: Ruth Shapira <rshap...@tauex.tau.ac.il>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2022 6:49 PM
To: Kealey, Doug <doug.kea...@garmin.com>; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: GPSR date for compliance

CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click any links or open any attachments unless
you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Doug,

Article 47 of the EU document "REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE
COUNCIL on general product safety, amending Regulation (EU) No 1025/2012 of the
European Parliament and of the Council, and repealing Council Directive
87/357/EEC and Directive 2001/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the
Council"
Entry into force and application, specify:
This Regulation shall enter into force on the twentieth day following that of
its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union. It shall apply
from [6 months after the entry into force of this Regulation].

Until today, the document (that do not have yet a final designation number),
was NOT published in the OJ of EU.

The closure of the feadback period for the proposal was October 4, 2021. The
final adopted document is not published yet.
Need to wait until will be published in the OJ of EU. The date of enter into
force will be 20 days after this publication and the Regulation shall apply
after 6 month after the date of entry into force.

I hope that the above help.

Best Regards and Be Safe,
Steli

Steli Loznen, M.Sc., SM-IEEE
VP for Technical Activities and Member of BoG IEEE-PSES
Convener IEC 62A/MT29+MT 62354
17-3 Shaul HaMelech Blvd.
Tel Aviv 6436719
Israel