Hi Brain

Method #1 and #2 are equivalent (if the were the same standard):

#2 list 3 documents that -once merged- form one harmonised standard

#1 list the original standard plus  the applicable harmonised amendment

Method 3 is not recommended IMHO.

Gert gremmen

On 24-8-2022 21:48, Brian Kunde wrote:
This topic goes a little deeper, I think.  Question being, how are the harmonized standards to be listed on your DoC?

It appears to me that the Commission lists standards a couple different ways, which adds to the confusion. For example, on the EMCD Harmonized Standards list, it shows it one way as:

Method #1
EN 16361:2013+A1:2016

but then for another standard shows it this way:

Method #2
EN 50065-2-1:2003, EN 50065-2-1:2003/A1:2005, EN 50065-2-1:2003/AC:2003

Using the first method, the above could be listed as

Method #1
EN 50065-2-1:2003+AC:2033+A1:2005

I thought we had a discussion a year or so ago where the plus sign "+" was to be replaced by the slash "/".  If that is true, then the above could be listed as:

Method #3
EN 50065-2-1:2003/AC:2033/A1:2005

But this method could be technically confusing thinking you are using only the amendment to show compliance. Yet, we all know what this really means, right?.

So, which is correct?  Does it really matter?  Using method #2 above is probably the most correct, but it is very long.  I prefer method #1 or #3 because it is shorter and gets the point across.

Comments?

The Other Brian