Hi All,

I have measured data on most ESD simulators on the market, characterized for
waveform purity and E-field emissions at a considerable investment in personal
time and resources. The data is quite surprising and is similar to, but with
more data than the work I did in the 1990s with standards bodies such as ANSI,
IEC TC77b WG9 (IEC61000-4-2). The data reveals not only surprising results on
the simulators but insight into the nature of ESD itself and why testing
results can be difficult to reproduce. ( I have been working on ESD for about
40 years now both in standards bodies and solving problems.) If one wanted, the
data shows how to pick a simulator more likely to pass or fail a product,
whichever you want or how to resolve a disagreement between a commercial lab
and a company's internal lab results.

I plan to organize the data into a presentation which will include over 150
scope plots and other data on contact and air discharge and ESD characteristics.

If you think you might be interested in this data/presentation, get in touch
with me separately and we can work out logistics.

Doug

[cid:image001.jpg@01D8D0E4.387EBAE0]

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html