Hello experts,

I'm trying to understand what electrical products require NRTL approval for
electrical safety for sale in the United States.

Looking on the OSHA website I find this page
(https://www.osha.gov/nationally-recognized-testing-laboratory-program/products-requiring-approval)
 which links to this page (
https://www.osha.gov/nationally-recognized-testing-laboratory-program/1910-references#1910_303-307)

Taking this at face value, particularly 303(g)(2)(i), does this mean that
equipment operating at less than 50V (I'm assuming DC and AC RMS) does not
require NRTL approval?

The question comes from a customer who was emailed by one of his US customers
stating that he should have "UL listing". I understand that NRTL approval and
the Listing process are different with the latter being more involved? Would
appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks as always.

All the best
James