Hello Experts,

I am having trouble describing the distinction between a machine component and
partly completed machinery, particularly when the machine component is a
collection of parts at least one of which moves.

As an example, consider a printing press sold to EU which is large and has
three major sub-systems, a media pre-treatment module (to prepare the media to
accept the ink better), the printing press proper, and a media speed drying
module. None of the sub-systems can, nor is intended to, function separately,
and there a bunch of miscellaneous parts that are shipped to assembly the units
together. The main controller is part of the printing press proper.

So, in planning to ship this product to the EU it is not clear to me if I have
one machine with three major components shipped in 4 crates that goes through
final manufacturing on site at the user location, or (somehow) three partly
completed machines and a box of miscellaneous parts. I am leaning towards the
former, but I cannot find much discussion of finer strategic points such as how
to mark the crates etc.. to ensure smooth Customs clearance.

Are any of you aware of any guidance on such large equipment that is shipped in
multiple pieces? Of course any advice from the listserv would also be welcome.

Best Regards,
-Lauren

LAM RESEARCH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any
documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, (collectively,
"E-mail Transmission") may be subject to one or more of the following based on
the associated sensitivity level: E-mail Transmission (i) contains confidential
information, (ii) is prohibited from distribution outside of Lam, and/or (iii)
is intended solely for and restricted to the specified recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this
message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in
error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.
Thank you.

Confidential - Limited Access and Use

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html