I'm a product safety engineer.  This discussion is based upon a safety
standard specifying a limit for the accessible electric field strength.

Doug Smith said:

            "These days we think 10 V/m is dangerous."

See:

This article (with scholarly research annotated) essentially says that we
don't know the effects of electric and magnetic fields on the body.  It
cites 0.4 uT (>100 V/m) as a potential limit for children.  Doug goes on to
cite his experience with exposure to 100 times 100 V/m with no ill effects.

I wonder how the standards writers came up with limiting field strength when
there is no definitive bodily injury?  Probably BOGSAT.

Best regards,

Rich

ps:  Field strength conversion calculator:

            https://www.compeng.com.au/field-strength-calculator/

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/

Website:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html (including how to