Hi Lauren:

The part was run for 8 hours at a temperature above its rated temperature.
Supposedly, the manufacturer's rated temperature is the maximum temperature
for "non-deterioration" of the part and its materials.  So, the part,
supposedly (and we must expect), has suffered some deterioration (e.g., may
not meet all of its specs) even though it may still be operational.

A circuit-breaker is a safeguard.  A circuit-breaker that has suffered some
deterioration may not work according to its rating.  It may not meet its
safeguard function.  I would not trust it as a safeguard.

For this reason, I would treat the safety certification as void, although,
for me, this is not the point.

Of course, the circuit-breaker could be submitted for certification for a
higher rated temperature.  If it passes, then all is okay.

Best wishes for the New Year!

Rich