Hi Chuck:

I don't know why your lab wants to do the primary-circuits-to-ground hi-pot
test to "unearthed socket terminals."  I assume your secondary circuits are
grounded, and, if so, the pins of sockets (RJ45 and XLR) are therefore
referenced to ground and are subject to the primary-to-ground voltage..
Same for USB terminals.  (If the RJ45 and XLR circuits are floating or if
your product is two-wire mains, then the respective circuits must be
grounded during the test.)

Of course you can do the accessibility test to the pins to show that they
are inaccessible.  However, I would assemble RJ45 and XLR mating connectors
with all pins connected together and attached to a wire whose far end is
grounded during the test.  This assures all the terminal pins are grounded
and meets the lab's requirement.  (Note that the product is non-operational
during the hi-pot test, so grounding all the pins does not damage the
product.)

I could not find justification for 3600 volts peak.  Can you justify this
test voltage in the standard?

Best regards,

Richard

Bend, Oregon, USA