Hi Steve:

In studying other standards, some have specified toppling, such as exceeding 15
degrees (IEC 62368-1, 4th ed., 8.6.5) or exceeding 10 degrees (IEC 62368-1, 2nd
ed., 8.6.2.2).  On the other hand, IEC 60335, 4th ed., has no such stability
requirement that I could find.  (By the way, the same requirement as in 1010 is
in IEC 60950-1.)

If a redesign is warranted, I suggest spring-mounting the mast such that a
toppling force is not transmitted to the base.

Richard Nute

Bend, Oregon, USA

Ps:  It is clear that the requirement assumes a monolithic construction.

EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/

Website:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html (including how to