On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 09:34:33PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> To use pins 1, 14, 16, and 17 as inputs, you first need a parport that
> supports it, not all do.  Then you need to specify "x" in the config
> string.  And finally, you need to set the corresponding outputs high.
[...]

also, not all ports support this mode.  I believe that out of 4 linux
boxes I tried, two did support it and two did not.  The two that did
were older machines -- a Pentium II laptop and a Pentium III server.
The two that didn't were newer systems -- an Athlon FX desktop and a
Pentium M laptop.

jeff