From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Stephen Wille Padnos
Sent: Thu 3/8/2007 2:00 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] [Fwd: Jog wheel ?]

Andy Holcomb wrote:

>http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2938
>
>Can EMC II use a jog wheel yet?

Sure, but only if you want to use it for spindle speed override,
feedrate override, or axis jogging :)  It's probably possible to use one
for single-stepping through G-code as well, but I don't think anyone has
done a sample config for that yet.  (You still wouldn't be able to step
backwards, since EMC2 can't do that)

>If so what is required?

All you need is a couple of extra input pins and some software
configuration work.  These can be on a parallel port or any other
hardware supported by EMC2.  You can use software pulse counting for a
handwheel, since the pulse rate will be low.  I don't see a sample
configuration that has jogwheel support in it, but I know there's
information in the wiki at <http://wiki.linuxcnc.org>.

>Andy

If you need a hand, just email away or join us on IRC.
- Steve

<<winmail.dat>>