On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:24:07PM -0400, Alfred Smart wrote:
> When I put my mill into estop it writes to iocontrol.0.tool-change pin
> out is this a bug?

I tested with emc 2.1.4, configs/sim/axis.ini, using halscope to trigger
on rising or falling edges of iocontrol.0.tool-change and found the
following:
 * If iocontrol.0.tool-change is FALSE, then going from MACHINE ON to
   ESTOP with the button on the AXIS GUI does not alter
   iocontrol.0.tool-change

 * If iocontrol.0.tool-change is TRUE, then going from MACHINE ON
   to ESTOP with the button on the AXIS GUI sets iocontrol.0.tool-change
   to FALSE.

Is this the behavior you saw?  I am pretty sure it's a deliberate
behavior, and I don't see why it would be problematic.  If you ESTOP in
the middle of a tool change, it's entirely possible that after fixing
the problem it doesn't make sense to continue the tool change operation
(and there's no point anyhow, since the subsequent gcode instruction
won't be executed either).

Jeff