On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:32:41AM -0400, Jerry Jankura wrote:
> Does EMC support the G33 threading capability? I'll be adding CNC to my lathe
> and will probably use TurboCNC there if EMC doesn't.

Yes, emc 2.1 has G33 "spindle-synchronized motion" and G76 "canned
threading cycle".  emc 2.2 will have g33.1 "rigid tapping" as well, if
your spindle can stop and reverse under computer control.

These all require a spindle encoder with index pulse.  Preferably a few
hundred encoder counts per spindle revolution.  For encoder speeds up to
20kHz or so, you can rely on software counting of the encoder.

Jeff