> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:28:19 -0400
> From: "Chris Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Emc-users] help
> To: <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> To all,
>
> I have downloaded the live cd successfully..according to the mdsum
> check and
> everything I've seen on the help pages. The cd will not boot, it
> only gives
> me a blank screen. If I load the cd while the pc is running I get
> an ubuntu
> screen that says launching browser and then goes away. I have tried
> on several cd's and on two different pc's and get the same results.
> Can
> anyone help me??
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris Mason

I experienced the same problems you describe while trying to install
EMC2 and Ubuntu 6.06 on an old clunker IBM PC 300 GL Pentium 2 with
128 MB ram @ 400 MHz. I downloaded the "Alternate install CD" from
the Ubuntu site where it is hidden in plain view. The install from
this source worked perfectly, and once Ubuntu was running I installed
EMC2. The 128 MB of ram seems perfectly adequate, I have not seen
anything bad happen in several months of playing with EMC2 that I
could attribute to memory issues.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM/iChatAV:   cffrc