Hi,

I'm a bit confused.... I'm running EMC 2.1.7 with a simple stepper setup
and, at the moment, no home or limit switches set up.  So, I set the
material on the machine and then want to zero EMC at some point on this
material. From the literature I assumed that I should go to the AXIS
manual screen, jog to the position I want and hit the 'Touch Off' button
to set the position as far as software is concerned to zero or some
other chosen figure - it doesn't seem to work.... or, at least, not for
all axes which seems strange. When I do this, a couple of the axes will
show 0.000 on the screen but the other two will change to some other
figure that I can't understand like -3.234 or 24.554 or something -
different from the figure they were at but not zero or the commanded
figure. Also, when I hit the 'Home' button on this manual screen, some
of the axes will just dhow the home symbol next to the displayed figure
but others will again change their figures. I have been setting the
position by issuing a G92 command for each axis but, if I then hit the
'home' button again, the figure will change and I have to do it all
again. Is it me or is there a problem with my ini files or the program?
I believe someone also mentioned being able to set axes to zero with a
'shift-home' command from the keyboard but this doesn't seem to do
anything on my setup. Maybe I just don't understand what should be
happening - could someone enlighten me please?

--
Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than in
practice..."