i was gonna use pixies.  and i have a scope, an old tektronix dual trace,
only problem is it was recently through a flood, and i havnt cleaned it out
and i'll probably have to replace a bunch of pots i think, hopefully the
varialbe caps will be alright.  it hasnt been in calibration for 20 years,
so its a 'near idea' tool, i need to get around to cleanin it out and all,
but between lack of time and dreading how its gonna look, i still havnt.
the manual says +/- 9V max for the servo control.  i was wondering, if
anyone might have some source to datasheets or anything for the sanyo
denkis, ive googled the model numbers and havnt gotten very far.

i found a little piece of software for reading encoders for running a DRO on
a manual machine, i think that will do the trick for testing the encoders,
i'll run to radioshack when im out and about and buy the parts to hook it
all up.