Kirk Wallace wrote:

>On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 20:25 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:
>

>>Kirk Wallace wrote:

>>>I am with you on this one. I much prefer screw terminals.
>>>

>>Just a s a data point, to convert my universal stepper
>>controller or PWM controller from the cheap IDC punch-down
>>terminals to 2-part screw terminals costs ME an additional $60
>>in parts.  Clearly, there are more components in the screw
>>terminal variety.
>>
>>Jon
>>

>Now that you mentioned it. I de-soldered the terminals on my UPC and put
>on screw terminals. But it's funny that I would have a really hard time
>paying $60 more for a UPC.

Oh good - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that ;)

Mesa has some of their I/O boards with terminal header options - the
boards are about $20 more than their ribbon header counterparts, but the
two 24-pin terminal plugs are about $22 *each*.  It's less than a
(reasonable quality) breakout board, but not by all that much.

- Steve