Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 19:42 -0500, Chris Radek wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 05:39:02PM -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>>
>>>In case anyone is interested, I have my latest tuning results at these
>>>links:
>>>
>>>http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/pid_x-1b.png
>>>
>>>http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/pid_z-1b.png
>>
>>Much better!  You should be able to add some "I" now to get rid of the
>>steady state errors.
>>
>>Chris
>

> I seem to recall putting in 1.0 for I and got an oscillation. Maybe I
> should try some fractional settings.

A little I, and fractional values are often needed, can help.
Otherwise, you can turn up (or down) FF1 to bring the
steady-state error down right to zero.  Then, you can add just a
tiny bit of FF2 (often something like 0.002) to bring the accel
spikes down close to zero error, too.  Some of these parameters
are VERY sensitive.

Jon