On Thursday 13 March 2008, John Thornton wrote:
>You will find out that the cost of plasti dip to be more than the $12
> replacement bowl.

The weight of the plasti-dip coating will also affect the resonant frequency
of the bowl, reducing the amplitude of the jiggle, and the effectiveness of
the action.

>We have one we use for cleaning shells. Don't expect much from it and you
> won't be disappointed. We have to use a liquid additive just to polish the
> shell casings...

I use one for shell cleaning and it works nicely, just give it a few hours.  I
have another bowl I use for moly-coating bullets as you shouldn't contaminate
the cleaning bowl with the moly.

>These just don't have enough power to do any real deburring IMHO. You might
> be better off building a tumbler... But for $40 you don't loose much trying
> one.

For the deburring etc, I haven't tried it as my own HF cement mixer still gets
some use as a cement mixer around here, but I sure like the idea.  Daytime
only use though, its gonna be noisy unless there is enough media in it to
cushion the parts falling off the stirring fins.

>John
>
>On 12 Mar 2008 at 19:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I think I'll give your plasti-dip suggestion a tryout, too, as I'm
>> worried about eating away the bowl with certain more abrasive media. I
>> think I'll see what the internet has to say about homemade/found
>> media, too, as some of the abrasives on the page you linked are pretty
>> pricey for my hobby-only needs.
>>
>> Thanks again for the reply!
>> -Gary

Cheers, Gene