Anyone know how I can change the default jog speeds (linear/rotary) in AXIS?
It always starts up in the thousands, and when I [often] forget, I end up
jogging fast enough to lose steps, which has screwed me up a few times. It's
also a pain to have to slide them way down each and every time I fire up the
app. I've grepped through everything in my directories, and scoured the
menus, but can't find a way to set/save these.

Also, is there a way to have it start up with no default file loaded? It
starts with the "EMC2 AXIS" path, and just this week while hitting hotkeys
to turn off E-Stop, and turn on the machine, I somehow grazed either my
mouse, or the R key, sending it off into my part. It being a simple
mini-mill with not a lot of strength in the clamping (enough to mill,
though), it knocked everything out of whack, ruining quite a lot of setup,
and centering work. I feel it would be safer to load up my own file when I'm
ready, despite the machine power toggle. Sadly, the EMC2 AXIS default file
is also set to run at a higher speed than my sad little machine can handle,
and so another time when I somehow grazed something, and sent it off again
on that file, it skipped a ton of steps immediately with a loud buzzing
noise, forcing me to start all of my keying off the part over again. It's a
cool test path, and looks nice, but now that I've seen it a few hundred
times, and had it ruin things for me, it's lost some of its charm, and I'd
just like to open to a blank state.

Relatedly, I often can't finish an operation before it's time to leave for
bed, work, or the rare social occasion. I ran a part this week that took
between 6 and 8 hours. I hate leaving my controller on while out. It runs
the steppers on a duty cycle that makes a pretty loud hissing noise, and
they heat up, and I'm afraid of returning to (or waking up in!) a fire. That
said, I turn off the machine when I leave. When I start it up, sometimes it
just whines, and then starts hissing. Other times I hear one or more loud
clunks, as it appears the steppers are being relatched onto.

I imagine that when it doesn't happen, they're lined up with the original
stepper positions (A, B, C, or D). Does EMC remember which pins were active,
or in the case of microstepping, which values/duties were on which pins? I'd
love to see it save that data on exit, or maybe on machine off/e-stop? Then
when it starts back up, it could just grab on right where I left it, holding
the motors where they were. I don't see it being a problem, as if it starts
on A every time, it's as arbitrary, and non-destructive to the system as any
other pin. Having it remember pins would in many cases (most for me) find
the machine where it was left last, and I could trust power cycles between
machining sessions on a single part more. Some of my operations lately have
been nearly impossible to recenter, as I have so little travel room, and the
only places I can key from are past those limits (and I never had any place
prior - I just started in an eyeballed position, and just wanted it to start
again later relative to where it left off last time when I power back up).

Yes, I know... I'm needy.

Thanks!
-Gary