Hi Gene,
Two fluters work well for slotting or anyplace you have trouble
getting rid of the chips.
The harder the Al the easier it makes good chips. 6061-T6,  7050-
T651, 7075-T651 are good choices.
Recutting of chips that don't get out of the way generates lots of
heat and more mess as well as screwing up
the finish. Not that I know much about cutting aluminum but 3X speeds
for mild steel seems to be a good place to start. That brings up the
rpm and ipm but leaves the chip load the same. I try to use a shop
vac to remove chips
when slotting. It makes enough turbulence to clean out the groove. I
get a better finish if I climb cut.

I won't even touch softer aluminum if I have a choice. I've made a
mess out of too many projects and end mills.
On the softer stuff I use coolant but I don't like it; again a real
mess and the surface tension tends to hold the chips
together rather than helping get them out of the way.  High pressure
coolant and a fully enclosed workspace would help. ;-)

HTH

Dave