On Wednesday 26 March 2008, John Thornton wrote:
>6438K18

Which leads me to the 2305K13, for 6mm threads.  Very good idea except its
buried inside my coupling and in-accessable, either to tighten it on the
shaft, or to tighten the lock screw.  However, I am considering slitting the
existing coupling but in fresh softer steel, and double bolting it, with one
of the slits straddling that mini key to grip it better.  The existing steel
would knock the teeth off any power hacksaw blade made or I'd try to dup that
with what I have, I wrecked every carbide tool that touched it while making
them.

Poking around, they have some nice ideas I could use, but they are all in
larger inch sizes, and the OD of the area of the screw shank that I need to
grab is 8mm. They only have one that I would have to bore for fit, and thats
part of my problem now.  When I was boring these, I had to cut heavy or the
carbide bar just slid even if it was freshly honed with a diamond disk in a
dremel, so the last trip with the bar made it several thou too big.  I think
I'll just get me some more 1.5" rod, 1045 or so, and remake those pieces in
one piece split clamp style, with at least one 6mm socket head screw to clamp
it tight, screw the keyway, just get a death grip on it, but still adjust the
lash using the existing 6mm nylock nut with the clamping screw loose, but a
fresh locknut if I can find them.

Decisions...  Keeps the old farts brain semi-engaged.

--
Cheers, Gene
But soft you, the fair Ophelia: