  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Thornton

  >Wow - I guess I should be proud of myself that I had a physical estop button
  >and a machine kill switch designed in while things were still on the bench!

  You can have all the e-stops you want but if you happen to pick the one that
don't work...

  >I'm still spoiled by the keyboard - I hit escape (and usually tap it
  >multiple times as I'm used to being deep in autocad levels of commands that
  >I wanted to end) Greg

  There in lies the problem you assume other people have the same experience,
knowledge and skills as you. You miss the point entirely... If the E-Stop
button is on the screen and I'm trying to press it with the mouse and it won't
do anything I have lost precious seconds of time getting that experience. It
doesn't matter if I have 27 e-stop buttons all over the place if I have the
mouse in my hand my instinct is to use it first in an emergency just because it
is the the closest thing to my finger. IMHO it is a mistake to have an e-stop
where ever it is that only functions some of the time.

  I think that tension sensors should be mandatory in the rear of machinest
pants and directly coupled to the "always active" e-stop circuit. When the
clench comes the machine stops...

  John