There is a fellow in Germany that has come up with a DXF to gcode converter
for Linux (and Windows). I've not had a chance to try it out but it
looks promising.
Similar to what ACE is to Windows. If this works out, we may be able
to do a project
in Linux, start to finish!

Website (in German):
http://www.christian-kohloeffel.homepage.t-online.de/dxf2gocde.html

Translation of the page to English via Google Translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christian-kohloeffel.homepage.t-online.de%2Fdxf2gocde.html&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=de&tl=en

Not responsible for weirdness in translation. Most of my German comes
from "Hogan's Heroes".
I do like the "drink server" but I don't think I have the required
hardware to download a cocktail ;^)

--
Emory