Aram

I will answer this with the disclaimer that I am not one
of the EMC experts just someone who uses it with a tool
changer.
On your Mazak origionally(Mazatrol or Fanuc or simmiliar),
the M6 command starts a group of Mcodes each
having a purpose in the tool change process.M19 is standard
for orient the spindle the world over,the next Mcode
for arm in or whatever will vary per machine builder.
M6 in EMC will do all the same things as the origional control
would do just not with assigned Mcodes.EMC will do all the functions
your orgional tool changer did but you will have to do the
logic of making it happen yourself.
As far as hardware goes there a few listed on the EMC site
but you will have to give more infromation on your machine
before someone can give you advive on motors and drives.

Good Luck

Terry

On Sat Aug  9 18:59 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent: