Here's a website of similar vein which might have some pointers for you...
http://www.computersculpture.com/

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of l.collier
hyams
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:40 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] sherline 4400 cnc config for large pen type objects

I'm a new emc user and have yet to develop a good technique or system for
machining objects that best resemble oversized writing pens. I teach digital
art, animation, music and sculpture and know my way around unix, irix,
linux, all the win os and all of the mac os. I'm thinking of doing much of
the design work in Google Sketch or even BobCad and have looked at a number
of other packages. The starting points may be obvious for the group, but
it's pretty new on my end. Any pointers?