mcinqu...@distechsystems.com wrote:
> I would like to add a PYVCP that shows the actual X, Y, and Z position
> but larger than the Axis gui does standard. I have a working PYVCP panel
> but I am having trouble picking the correct hook into hal. I used Xpos,
> Ypos and Zpos and it responds to the movement of the axis but they do
> not match position. Does anyone know the actual variable that will give
> me exactly what is shown on the Axis gui for X, Y and Z position?

The positions available in HAL are not going to be the one you want.
HAL is used mostly for low level stuff - motor control, etc.  It doesn't
have access to things like g-code offsets, tool length offsets, and all
the other "interpreter-only" things that affect position.

I believe there is a way to make the displays in Acis bigger, you might
want to check the wiki for that.

Regards,

John Kasunich