From: Gene Heskett [mailto:gene.hesk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:31 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] made with EMC (of course) and Synergy CAD/CAM

On Thursday 18 December 2008, Dave Engvall wrote:
>Hi,
>Finally got brave enough to try something with Synergy solids.
>
>The easy stuff was done in 2.5 D but the contour in the pic was done
>with solids.
>
>Used a .500 roughing mill to rough and then a 0.500 ball end to
>finish plus a bit of cleaning
>up with a file and emery cloth. ;-)
>
>http://imagebin.ca/view/EGO40Lt.html
>
>http://imagebin.ca/view/dHfREsy.html

That is beautiful Dave.  I need to do something similar with one of mine,
but
with a very abreviated rear end, just enough to let it be screwed to the
stock.  Thumbhole stocks don't leave a lot of room to be pretty behind the
trigger guard as the rear screw flat is actually let into the front face of
the pistol grip.  I hammered up a couple of pieces of sheet brass, which
looks redneck primitive.  The other alternative would be to somehow extract
the molded in guard from that Black Diamonds OEM plastic stock and let it
into the bottom of that stick of maple its sitting in now.  This hammered
brass thingy is servicable, but has a quite low torr rating to its suction.

BTW, I cut the group size that Black Diamond is shooting by 90% with one
change.  From only hitting an 8.5x11 target about half the time at 25 yards,

to a 4", 10 shot group at 50 yards.  I pulled the 209 breechplug and put a
#11 nipple in.  The #209 is way too much firepower, and is lifting the
bullet
free of the ramming before the powder gets lit, and that destroys the
accuracy.  The #11 percussion cap is not as strong and is more accurate
because of that.  Now if I could do that to my thumbhole stocked TC Omega.
made the breech with the #11 nipple ok, but its firing pin is so well
centered it goes .065" deep into the middle of the nipple without firing the

cap.  Bummer.  I need a missdrilled nipple I guess.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic, emc.  Which, BTW, I used to make
that breechplug for the T. C. Omega.

--
Cheers, Gene
The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking.