Richard F. Amaral wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest EMC2 release, 2.2.8 on a Live-CD
> install (Ubuntu 8.0). I've already installed the following missing
> packages:
>
> dpgk-dev
> libc6-dev
> tcl
> tcllib
> python2.5-dev
> mesa-common-dev
> libglu-dev
> gcc
> g++
> gettext
>
> After a few minutes of building, the Makefile stops with this error:
>
> make: Entering directory `'
> none -k_ -o po/rs274_err.pot emc/task/emctaskmain.cc
> emc/rs274ngc/rs274ngc_errors.cc emc/rs274ngc/interp_arc.cc && touch
> po/rs274_err.pot
> /bin/sh: none: not found
> make: *** [po/rs274_err.pot] Error 127

This sounds like the build system doesnt think you have the "gettext"
package installed, which is strange, since you said you installed it.

Perhaps one of the other build dependencies is missing?  There is a
(somewhat cryptic) list of required packages in the file
"debian/control.in", in the section labeled "Package:
@EMC2_PACKAGE_NAME@", on the line that begins with "Build-Depends".

Make sure you have all that stuff installed.

If it still doesnt work, please email us the entire output of
"./configure --enable-run-in-place", and all the output of these commands:

dpkg --status gettext
gettext --version

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
"Okay, people. Now is the time to start discussing the rules of war for