From: AKSYS Tech Pty Ltd [mailto:a...@austarnet.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:30 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] Telnet Interface questions

Hi,
I have been working on a Ethernet based pendant/operator console for EMC
for a little while now (whenever I get a spare moment) , and have run
into a little problem.  I am using the EMCRSH, Telnet interface to EMC.

My pendant was going to be quite a simple affair, but as things go, it
has grown larger that first anticipated.  I now have up to 84 inputs,
being pushbuttons, rotary switches and encoders, and LED indicators for
all of these inputs.  I also have a 8" digital photo frame as a monitor.
These are all controlled by a microprocessor, which is also handling the
Ethernet connection to my mini-itx EMC computer.
The problem I am having is when I get an error from EMC, I can't get the
error message back to my pendant.  I have tried the Get
Operator_display,  Get Operator_text and Get error commands, but none of
these are returning an error to me.  I am testing this by issuing a
simple G01 command from MDI mode, this should invoke an error in regard
to having no federate.  I get an error displayed on my EMC computer, but
all my status reporting to my micro are returning OK's.  Is there some
other command I should be using???

Regards
Andrew