I have been busy here, getting all of our machines to work under EMC2.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done to make my job easier.

So, another one of my projects has been to CNC our C6 Lathe. All of the
ballscrews, brackets, and motors are in place and I am just now driving it
around trying to get a feel for CNC on a lathe.

My first observation is that, on a mill, you try to visualize the movement
on the spindle, but on the lathe - it seems more appropriate to visualize
the movement of the cutting tool, which is similar to the mill - but it is
not the spindle. However, Axis has the display rotated (by how I am thinking
and looking at my machine) by +90 degrees. And then the jog keys on my
keyboard are not what I expect.

Can someone either enlighten me on how to think about the machine movement
on a lathe, or help me to swap the Axis display and the keyboard jog keys?
As I understand it the X is the long axis, and Z is the cross slide.

Thanks,

>Len

Len Shelton

www.probotix.com

Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible. Only try to realize the
truth...

   ...that there is no spoon.