Rob Jansen wrote:
> Alex,
>
>> I think the webpage could be a better place than the wiki.
>> If there are enough people out there who are ok with doing this, we can add
>> a community-module to linuxcnc.org, so every registered user can set up a
>> profile with pictures, links, personal information, etc.
>> Let me know if there are people who would consider doing such a thing, and
>> based on the feedback we'll be looking if it's worth the trouble ;)
>>

> I will definitely add my credentials.
> Question is who else will. The frappr map has been there for some time
> but there is only a very limited amount of users on the map.

Possibly because it doesn't work well with Linux systems!  I tried it,
when it first comes up you see a satellite view for a couple seconds,
then the whole thing goes white.  If you refresh the view, it starts
panning all over, and seems that you have no control over what it is
doing.  Pictures of people appear at random for a while, the earth is
gone, just the stars for locations remain.  If this is what it does for
others, no wonder few people use it.  Having a Windows-only app for a
Linux-based group is not a great thing.

Jon