Hi Will -

I'm a bit tired but I recall having to try all the addresses to get my
Netmos card to work - which you've already done.  Looking at my config file
I have quotes around my addresses (I have 2 ports, one an input only so that
might be why - I'd have to go back and read docs).  Also the dmesg file says
something about the module parport - did you try commenting out the loadrt
prob_parport?  Not sure if this is what it refers to.  Sorry I can't be of
more assistance at the moment.

HTH

Greg
www.distinctperspectives.com

[SNIP]

> 00:0b.0 Serial controller: Titan Electronics Inc VScom 010L 1 port
parallel adaptor
> (prog-if 02 [16550])
>     Subsystem: Titan Electronics Inc VScom 010L 1 port parallel adaptor
>     Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
>     I/O ports at c400 [size=8]
>     I/O ports at c800 [size=8]
>     I/O ports at cc00 [size=8]
>     I/O ports at d000 [size=8]
>     Memory at ed001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64]

[/SNIP

> Assuming that this "00:0b.0 Serial controller: Titan Electronics Inc VScom
010L 1
> port parallel adaptor" was the pci card that I recently installed, I used
the address
> "c400" for the address in the .hal file line:
>
> loadrt hal_parport cfg=0xc400
>
> The .hal file that I used was created by stepconf, and functions fine with
the built in
> parallel port.  But when I use 0xc400 as the address I get this error on
startup of
> Axis:
>
> Debug file information:
> insmod: error inserting
'/usr/realtime-2.6.24-16-rtai/modules/emc2/hal_parport.ko': -