I started converting my EMC2 mill from parport to the Mesa 5i20 hostmot2
stepper and got stuck with a problem.

The parport configuration works fine but the hm2_stepper config is
having problems.
I keep getting "joint xxx following errors". I checked the docs but
cannot explain this: ferror, min_ferror, max_velocity and
mac_acceleration are the same in both cases and - although not necessary
- I added the base_period to the hostmot2 configs.

A second problem (maybe related ?) is seen during a manual jog. When an
axis stops it keeps humming and the digital readout flips between the
current position (e.g 2.001) and adjacent positions (e.g. 2.002).

This was all done on 2.3.0~beta2 with the hm2_stepper config files from
that release.

Any ideas? All config files are available at
http://www.myvoice.nl/freesmachine/configs/

Regards,

    Rob