From: Greg Michalski [mailto:emc2usrl...@distinctperspectives.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:49 AM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'
Subject: NAMES Show - Saturday

Hey everyone!  Spent a bit of time in the EMC2 booth at the NAMES show
today.  Dale is a wonderful guy.  Very outgoing.  Very knowledgeable.  Very
polite.  Very giving.  All around a good person to have in the booth.  I on
the other hand am a shy person so it took me a while to get the courage to
strike up conversation with everyone who stepped up the edge of the EMC2
area.  But I tried to help as best I could.  Once my medical issues got to
be too much to take without becoming a prick and alienating possible future
EMC2 users I had to leave Dale to fend for himself.  Hind sight I should
have given him a chance to run and use the bathroom if needed.  Then I
walked and saw a bit of the displays, I haven't really be into the steam
engines but they are pretty cool, especially the couple models of scale
machine shops of yesteryear.  Those were pretty cool.

I've got some pics here from the show showing the EMC2 booth with Dale
working in it.  Should've gotten a good overall shot of the Convention, but
I didn't.

An Overall Shot of <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3088.JPG>
the EMC2 Booth

Tighter Shot of the <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3091.JPG>
EMC2 Booth With Someone Drawn in by the Photos

Dale Giving a <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3092.JPG>
Thorough Tutorial on EMC2

Better Shot of the <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3093.JPG>
Booth and Photo Displays

Dale Talking About <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3094.JPG>
EMC2 with his EMCO F1 as a Teaching Tool

Dale's EMCO F1 <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3096.JPG>  Mill

Running Some Videos <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3099.JPG>
of Jan van Gillsen's HA5 5 Axis Machine

Another Video Shot <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3100.JPG>
with a Tuner's Cube I Made with EMC and an Plate Engraved with the Detroit
Redwings Logo done by EMC

More of Dale <http://www.distinctperspectives.com/emc2/DSC_3102.JPG>
Explaining - You Can See Dale Was Cutting Some Wax From a Handcoded Limit
Switch Enclosure

All in all I had fun, only spent a total of $19 on a scrapped R8 shank 2"
facemill that needs a little cleaning up before using and a pack of syringes
for precision oiling (though they came with fairly fine gauge hypodermic
needles on them.)  Some decent deals to be had, some prices higher than
online, some slightly lower from the couple of online vendors (like Little
Machine Shop).  I had fun and will be back tomorrow afternoon to help Dale
dismantle the booth and get the pictures back.

If someone would like to have the photo boards for the EMC Workshop out at
Stuart's in Kansas let me know and we can work it out.

Alex - contact me off list to coordinate what you want to do about posting
the photo boards on www.linuxcnc.org <http://www.linuxcnc.org/> .

Be patient while these pictures load - they are good sized jpegs (be glad I
didn't use the raw files that the camera produces ;-) )  and they aren't
formatted for monitor sizes, maybe tomorrow.  I need to go to bed.

Good night everyone!

Greg

www.distinctperspectives.com