> In that case, don't use prepare-prepared. Just link the two signals so
> that as soon as the prepare is set true, prepared becomes true. Most
> example configurations have this because they don't usually have
> changers. This will put all of the control burden on the M6. Do you have
> a tool position encoder on your carousel? If not, you will need to get
> fancy with how to keep track of tool and slot numbers. Actually, if you
> have a tool slot encoder, you could use prepare-prepared to insert a
> program to insure that the proper slot, for the old tool, is in
> position. Then Tx (tool-change) will invoke the PLC to remove the old
> tool, park it, then pick up the new tool, insert it in the spindle and
> finally set tool-changed.

yes thinking about it even tho i had read the prepared in i dont realy
deal with it only to output it again as finished at end of the change,
so just linking it through will be just fine
if i had a random solection then yes i would need to go find the new
tool pocket, spin it around, and then chagen the tool with the twin arm
changer.
but as i only have single pocket caracel

no encoder so iv setup counter to handel the count and CW or CCW
direction deciding theres just a single count in.
ill change my links around and give it a shot cant see why it shouldt
work now

> On my HNC lathe, I have a tool turret, so I didn't use prepare-prepared:
> ### TURRET ###
> # create signals for tool loading loopback
> linkpp iocontrol.0.tool-prepare iocontrol.0.tool-prepared
> linkpp iocontrol.0.tool-change turret.0.position-change
> linkpp turret.0.position-changed iocontrol.0.tool-changed
> ( http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/configs/hnc_io-3a.hal )
>
> My turret HAL component handles the turret control.
>
> I have a carousel on my Shizuoka, which I haven't gotten working yet:
> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/tool_changer_video.html
> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/00030-1a.jpg
>
> The plan is to have an twenty-four position encoder. Now that you got me
> thinking about it, I suppose that there will be no prepare-prepared
> thread. I'll need to check that the slot for the old tool is in
> position, remove the old tool from the spindle, then rotate the carousel
> to the new tool position, pick it up, insert it and set changed true.
> Timers and other tests will be needed to insure the change proceeds
> properly. I guess the question now is how to keep track of the old tool
> slot number, because I think Tx (prepare-prepared) will change the tool
> number before the M6 change.

im planning to use
iocontrol.0.tool-number to read in to tell me where i currently am with
which tool is in spindle/or pocket facing spindle
and the
iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number to tell me which one is called up

so im just hoping that the
iocontrol.0.tool-number  does not get written to with the prep-number
untill iocontrol.0.tool-changed is true
so ill have to watch hall closly on them bits and values to see when
they get changed.