For bug fixes, I would suggest the development list.

For enhancements or changes to functionality that might break something,
I'd suggest a discussion on the development list prior to doing the
work. I'd also suggest adding a page to the wiki where significant
points of discussion could be documented.

As a developer, I found that methodology useful when creating named
o-words. The need for documentation and discussion helped me clarify the
functionality and caused me to change the syntax to something better
than my original proposal.

Ken