I usually find that adding some debug statements can solve my problem.

(debug, variable1=#1 namedvar=#<this_var>)
The above will display values of variables.

(print, variable1=#1 namedvar=#<this_var>)
Will write the output to stdout. (or perhaps stderr -- I forget).
See the manual.

Ken

Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
> Just to clarify this, it's a gcode program that uses functions, loops and
> conditionals.  What's the best way to debug this?

Kenneth Lerman
Mark Kenny Products Company, LLC
55 Main Street
Newtown, CT 06470