seuch...@yahoo.de wrote:

>Dear Jan
>

>>Check this chapter in the manual:
>>http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.3/html/gcode_main.html#r3_7
>>Regards, Jan

>3.7 Calling Files
>
>To call a file name the file the same as your call and include a sub and
>endsub. The file must be in the directory pointed to by PROGRAM_PREFIX
>
>    o<myfile> call (a named file)
>
>or
>
>    o123 call (a number file)
>
>In the called file include the oxxx sub and endsub and the file must be a
>valid file
>
>    myfile.ngc
>    o<myfile> sub
>    o<myfile> endsub
>    M2
>
>If I interprete that correctly, I shoud be able to do this:
>
>Let's assume I have these files:
>engrave.ngc, bevel.ngc, inner.ngc, outer. ngc, home.ngc
>
>I so, I woul generate another file, let's call it master.ngc with about te
>following content:
>

>omaster.ngc call engrave.ngc
>omaster.ngc call home.ngc
>omaster.ngc call bevel.ngc
>omaster.ngc call home.ngc
>omaster.ngc call inner.ngc
>omaster.ngc call home.ngc
>omaster.ngc call outer. ngc
>omaster.ngc call home.ngc
>
>However that fails, why?

I haven't tried it, but one thing to note is that the <> are necessary
around a named O-word or parameter.

Also, the manual might be a little unclear since it looks like the text
in parentheses is part of the command.  I think what the instructions
are trying to say is that the master file should do a call with the name
of the subroutine file:
O<engrave> call
O<home> call

And the subroutine files should be like this:
engrave.ngc:
O<engrave> sub
(your engraving G-code goes here)
O<engrave> endsub
M2

home.ngc:
O<home> sub
(your homing g-code goes here)
O<home> endsub
M2

Etc.

Try it and let us know if it works this way.

- Steve