I don't agree with that.
I like to have the user interface in mm only, doesn't matter if I load one
of my programs, or something I received from across the pond :)

The real answer actually is: either way there will be a group of people that
won't like the default behaviour (either switching or non-switching)
So maybe it could be defined in .axisrc somehow.

Regards,
Alex