(I thought you were all ignoring my questions, but I suspect that I
was sending from an email address not registered with the listserver.
Brace yourselves for a flurry of posts)

I seem to be having a spot of bother with G76. I thought it was
working fine, then noticed that the z axis was running at max-speed
and cutting the wrong pitch. Slowing down the spindle and increasing
the z-axis accel limit produced the issue shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDA48nLdbiI
It seems almost like a badly tuned PID controller.
It isn't a brilliant encoder, as can be seen on the velocity trace
(but note that velocity baseline is at the bottom of the screen), but
surely the position counts should update steadily enough?
Which encoder position is meant to be wired to the motion.spindle-revs
input, by the way? Stepconf uses encoder.0.position, but that seems to
be an integer, and I am wondering if it should be
encoder.position-interpolated. Watching the machine it is almost like
it is updating the carriage position once per rev...

--
atp

--
atp