On Nov 15, 2009, at 12:45 PM, dave wrote:

> Castor oil is a good guess but not the only one. It's fatty acids
> are a
> couple of carbons longer than the average cooking oil and does seem to
> survive well as a lube in model airplane engines. On the industrial
> market it is about 30% more expensive than canola. If I wanted to go
> cheap I'd simply go with canola right off the shelf. Indeed
> inexpensive
> enough to not recover.

If you want to get even more value out of your oil - you could burn it
when it is done.

I have casted hundreds of pounds of iron and aluminum from my oil
burner. Or you could heat your shop with it.

Here I am melting iron with vegetable oil:

<http://openosx.com/hotspring/foundry/melt-iron/melt-iron.html>

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Programmer